Unprecedented challenges and opportunities are appearing worldwide with the increasing saturation of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) connected to the power grid, particularly in terms of better understanding modelling and assessing their interaction with distribution and transmission grids as well as new market arrangements. This calls for digitalization and technologies like AI, IoT, forecasting, control, etc. for an efficient operation of the grids.
Innovation Centre Denmark, in collaboration with MIT, DTU, Tufts University, Energinet and Energy Cluster Denmark, has developed a series of research webinars that will address the challenges and opportunities associated with developing and operating clean, competitive, and secure energy systems with a significant share of renewable energy sources. Our webinars will discuss the latest advancements and best practices in various facets of grid integration. The aim is to foster new energy related research collaboration across the Atlantic.
• Initiator: Torben Orla Nielsen, Science Attaché, ICDK Boston
• Moderator: Henrik Madsen, Professor, DTU Compute
• Henrik Madsen, Professor, DTU Compute: “Wind Integration Research and Practice”
• Frank O’Sullivan, Senior Vice President for Strategy, Ørsted Onshore North America: “System integration challenges in the US and globally”
• Audun Botterud, Principal Research Scientist, Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems, MIT: “Towards low-carbon electricity markets: challenges and solutions”
• Eric Hines, Professor, Offshore Wind Program, Tufts University: “Future of the East Coast Grid”
• Peter Markussen, Director of Associated Activities, Energinet: “ Digitalisation as an enabler for Energy Conversation”