India-Denmark Green Strategic Partnership: Significant in its ambition, challenging in its implementation
3. maj 2022
In many ways, India and Denmark are the perfect match. Not only have we had cultural and commercial relations for 400 years, but we also share ambitions for inclusive, sustainable development. Currently, India is facing challenges in areas where Danish companies are global technological frontrunners, which brings immense opportunities for green cooperation.
This match is also reflected in the ambitious India-Denmark Green Strategic Partnership, which outlines areas of cooperation and concrete actions towards a greener and more sustainable world. However, despite significant reforms over the years, India remains a difficult market to navigate in.
With this seminar, we wish to address the opportunities and challenges of the India Denmark Green Strategic Partnership, by asking key stakeholders the following questions:
- What are the short- and long-term perspectives of the partnership?
- What are the commercial aspects of the partnership?
- How do we finance the partnership?
- How can the partnership address the difficulties Danish companies are facing in India?
- How is India positioned as a market for green export as we see major green investment schemes in the EU, US and East-Asia?
Part 1: The perspectives of the partnership
11.30-12.00: Sandwhiches and networking
12.00-13.00: Key note speakers
- Dan Jørgensen, Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities
- Pooja Kapur, Ambassador of India to Denmark
- Jens-Peter Saul, President and CEO, Ramboll Group
- Torben Huss, CEO, Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU)
- Fifth key-note speaker TBC
Part 2: The commercial aspects of the partnership 13.00-13.05: Introduction to the panel debate
13.05-14.00: Panel debate Participants:
- Morten Dyrholm, Group SVP, MarCom, Sustainability & Public Affairs, Vestas
- Kim Vejlby Hansen, CEO, FOSS
- Torben Möger, CEO, Pension Denmark
- Freddy Svane, Ambassador of Denmark to India
14.00-14.05: Concluding remarks Søren Holm Johansen, Chairman, IDCC
14.05-14.30 Coffee and networking
Time and date: 11 May, 11.30-14.30
Location: Ramboll, Hannemanns Allé 53, 2300 Copenhagen S
For registration: CLICK HERE